Tuesday 11 October 2016

My first visit to the United States of America

I am on a DevOps project right now which is about Application Release Automation. I was picked for this project because I knew Chef, a DSL written in ruby for transforming your infrastructure into code. Since I very well understood the existing ARA system of one of our client I was asked to visit their office for a knowledge transfer on Chef, based on which the new ARA system was developed for them back at the offshore.

I am in the affluent city of Allen, a county of Dallas, Texas. I have never been to abroad before in fact I had never traveled in a airplane before not even with Domestic flights since I never had to visit any far away states for any purpose.

I had to bear with an annoying guy from Ethiopia who was sitting next to me who used to say "Oh Thanks Heaven" a thousand times for every one thing or the other. He kept asking me are you an Indian orthodox or an Ethiopian orthodox. He also asked me to give the names of at least 20 Bollywood stars who have died so that he could pray for them. The guy who was sitting on the aisle seat left to me requested for a change of seat as he could not bear his annoyances and advised me to spread out from him and gave the aisle seat for me. He always ate half an hour after the Air Hostess served the food for him as he was praying to God by closing his eyes and stood still for half an hour.

I watched a few movies on my journey and one of the movies which I liked was Sleepless in Seattle. The reason why I don't watch Indian cinemas is because they will never have a unique story or a script of their own. It will always be the same theme with one hero and heroine and a villain in the middle which is gosh so boring. The reason why I watch English movies is because they will have a story to tell and not because I am attracted to blondes. 365 stories 365 days. 

The culture and the people seems to be good at Allen so far but we never know. Time to get some sleep otherwise I will be late to my office tomorrow.

No comments :

Post a Comment