Sunday 17 January 2016

God Became Man that Man Might Become God


The above image was created by Ron Goetz and you can read his full article here which makes a lot of sense. I specifically love this passage from him where he shares his experience of what happened to him after he understood the in depth teachings of Pauline and the Johnian traditions.

I was stopped cold. My accomplishment and goals were, as Paul said of his own in his letter to the Philippians, simply σκυβαλα, skubala, just so much shit. My degrees, my shiny little victories, my goals and aspirations, were nothing. My loss of enthusiasm was “spontaneous and unrehearsed.”

I was reminded of those motivational shutdowns recently when I saw something in Corinthians I hadn’t noticed before. The old way, with laws chiseled in stone, led to death, though it began with such glory that the people of Israel could not bear to look at Moses’ face. On those previous occasions, when I caught a glimpse of the mystery of the new covenant, the glory was unbearable.

- Ron Goetz

No comments :

Post a Comment