Wednesday 23 December 2015

There's something wrong with the world

Morpheus: I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

The reason why I ended up as a Valentinian gnostic is because right from my teenage I have always felt that there's something wrong with the world. That's the basic premise in the origin of gnostic thought that there's something wrong with this world. This world was not created by the supreme God instead this world is just a shadow copy of the real things that exists in the Pleroma. Plato and Neo-Platonists were right. This world is not real and we are mere prisoners of the cave. The pagan mystery religions exist solely to return us to the source where we came from.

No comments :

Post a Comment