Tuesday 23 July 2013

Forgiveness, Sin, Bitterness and Redemption

Of all the religions which I have studied there is no other religion which teaches so much about forgiveness other than Christianity something which I very much like about Christianity even though I personally hold a different concept of sin and redemption. No other god draws me to his feet other than Christ when the poison of bitterness gets deep rooted in my heart.

However according to us the root cause of all sin in humans is ignorance of the Father. We don't consider a person who has wronged upon us as a sinner but we consider him as lacking acquaintance of the Father. What men need is not forgiveness but pneumatic Baptism. One who has realized that Christ has each within him whether an angel, mystery or a human (Gospel of Philip) or one who has realized that Isha vashyam idham sarvam(Isha Upanishad, verse 1) means that God dwells in the hearts of all human beings is by nature a spiritual person and such persons by their very nature cannot sin.

St.Paul cries out in Romans explaining the case of a sinner or one who is in bitterness like this which is very much true.
14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it."
"According to the Gospel of Philip, ignorance "sinks its roots deep within us, and yields its crops in our hearts; dominates us; we are its slaves; it takes us captive, so that we do the things we do not want and do not do the things we want; and it grows powerful because we have not recognized it. So long as it exists, it is active." ( Gospel of Philip 83:22-29 cf. Romans 7:14)"

Yes sin exists as long as ignorance exists. The truth is that we human beings do not have free will, we are either controlled by Aeons when we do good works or by evil demons when we sin. Let us not question what god has ordained for us for this is his world and this is his body and we are here to do his works and he is preparing all of us to return us back to the fullness of the Pleroma.(For us Pleroma has a local existence, it doesn't just mean fullness).


"If anyone becomes a 'son of the bridechamber' he will receive the Light. If anyone does not receive it while he is in these places, he cannot receive it in the other place.[10] He who receives any Light will not be seen, nor can he be held fast. No one will be able to trouble him in this way, whether he lives in the world or leaves the world. He has already received the Truth in images, and the World has become the Aeon. For the Aeon already exists for him as Pleroma, and he exists in this way. It is revealed to him alone, since it is not hidden in darkness and night but is hidden in a perfect Day and a holy Night."

- Gospel of Philip

No comments :

Post a Comment